Wednesday 24 April 2013

I'm off to see the Wizard ....

well the Physiotherapist anyway

My left knee is feeling more than a little battered.  I am not sure that the original injury was even caused by running, but I now seem to have a large collection of secondary injuries that make running uncomfortable.  The main pain is in an inside hamstring tendon just below the knee, I also have pain at the back of the knee outside the joint, pain at the inside front just below the kneecap and the joint itself feels swollen making hyperflexion painful.

I've done a few runs of around 25 miles with "back to backs" the next day that did not appear to aggravate the condition (no pain within 48 hours).  I have also run a few miles in my lunch break and experienced pain afterwards.

When I get up from sitting things hurt enough to cause me to limp, the pain eases after movement.  Keeping my leg straight while sitting seems to help.

All in all things are not looking good for the Brecon 40 in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment